Richards Bay Airport Sizzle City Umhlathuze
Richards Bay Airport is the only airport that offers commercial flights daily between Richards Bay and Johannesburg. Richards Bay boasts a massive port and is the commercial center of Zululand. With its sandy beaches, all year round warm sub-tropical climate, close proximity to a South African World Heritage Site, historical battlefields, places where Zulu cultural events are held and Big 5 game reserves it is an appealing place to explore Zululand.
Richards Bay Airport Sizzle City Umhlathuze – Situated and Contact Details.
The airport is an Umhlathuze Municipality locally owned airport, established in 1975. It is situated at 30 Fish Eagle Flight (name of road) adjacent to the suburb of Birdswood. Phone 035 789 9630
Richards Bay Airport Sizzle City Umhlathuze – Passengers
Most travelers through Richards Bay are business people, tourists and holiday makers. Johannesburg remains the main hub for entry and exit point for international travelers.
Richards Bay Airport Sizzle City Umhlathuze – What Does Airport Offer?
- A number of commercial airlines operate out of Richards Bay airport.
- Departures and arrivals are from one building.
- Restaurant offering good food and drinks.
- Quaint bar overlooking the runway.
- Ample, reasonably priced, safe parking.
- Selection of international and local car hire companies.
- Wheel chair friendly.
Richards Bay Airport Sizzle City Umhlathuze – Local Attractions
- Richards Bay Sizzle City Port festival
- St Lucia is a small coastal town 76 kms north via N2 and R618 offering Estuary Cruises and seasonal Whale Watching and Turtle Tours.
- Empangeni and Mtunzini are the towns closest to Richards Bay.
- Nongoma is 146 km west via N2 and R618 where the annual Royal Zulu Reed Dance (Mkhosi woMhlanga) and First Fruits Cultural Festival (Umkhosi WoSelwa) take place.
- The famous battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift are 230 kms west via R34 and R68.