Richards Bay Waterfront Sizzle City Zululand
Richards Bay Waterfront Sizzle City Zululand is an attractive business and recreational center on the northern edge of the Richards Bay harbor away from the busy hub of the city.
Richards Bay Waterfront Sizzle City Zululand – Surroundings
The Waterfront is built around a small bay within the larger harbor with a maximum tidal range of 2 meters. It overlooks the Tuzi Gazi Marina, where a number of yachts are moored and Naval Island. It is close to the Mzingazi Canal opposite the Zululand Yacht Club. It boasts more than 10 restaurants and a 4 Star Hotel.
Waterfront – Activities
- Many businesses particularly those related to the shipping industry are located here.
- There is a wide range of cuisine available in the many restaurants at Richards Bay Waterfront; Greek, Portuguese, Mexican and popular South African food.
- Nightlife booms later in the evening with some gqom beats pumping.
- During daylight the area is the focal point of harbor cruises and whale watching.
- St Lucia is a popular destination for whale watching where the boats enter and exit the sea with a surf launch and landing. In Richards Bay the voyage to the sea is from a safe berth at the waterfront.
- Beautiful sandy beaches allow for protected swimming from surf conditions.
- Fishing, canoeing and jet skiing take place around the waterfront.
- Some small shops are located here which offer a variety of options.
- International cruise ships seasonally berth close by.
- The Richards Port Festival is held here annually in December.