uMkhanyakude Trade Show 2018 Mtubatuba Zululand
uMkhanyakude Trade Show 2018 Mtubutuba Zululand KZN
uMkhanyakude Trade Show, a two-day Zululand event, takes place from Saturday to Sunday, 25 – 26 August 2018 in Mtubatuba. The show will be held at the Rugby Club Grounds. Mtubatuba lies in close proximity to the holiday coastal town of St Lucia and South African World Heritage Site, Isimanagliso Wetland Park.
uMkhanyakude Trade Show – Why this event?
With the demise of the Zululand Trade Show this event could perhaps become a suitable replacement as an annual key event. Primarily an event that offers an accessible platform for local crafters and visual artists, within the Umkhanyakude District, to showcase and sell their products.
uMkhanyakude Trade Show – Tourism, Arts and Crafts
- Tourism and the craft sector is one of the thriving sectors within Umkhanyakude District.
- Some work on display by the crafters and artists are known internationally.
- Some of the craft work produced is entirely unique to this area of Zululand.
- Local art and crafts contribute significantly to any travel experience.
- Tourists love to buy local products and know the personalities and the stories behind the purchase.
uMkhanyakude Trade Show – What’s available
- Outdoor Exhibition – Meet with Best-of-the-Best Crafters.
- Art & Craft Auction – To be held on Saturday 25 August some items the exclusive products of the exhibitors
- Guided Day Tours – Tours to St Lucia for Boat Cruises, Whale Watching and Crocodile Feeding Shows.
- Motor Vehicle Display – See the latest models on show.
- Kids Play Area – Safe and supervised area for the young ones.
- Local Talent Shows – Local performers doing drama, dance, poetry, comedy, puppetry and acting.
- Live Music Performances – Only local up-and-coming Artists and Bands will be featured.
- Picnic Zone – Bring your family and picnic gear, relax and enjoy the live performances.
- Food Court – Fish & chips, pizza, bunny chow and traditional African Cuisine on offer.
- Beer Garden – A secluded area where alcoholic drinks will be served. No under 18’s allowed.
uMkhanyakude Trade Show – Some of the Zululand Artist on Show
- From the eMpembeni area in Hlabisa is Angeline Masuku, Vina Ndwandwe, Beauty Ngxongo, a world-class grand master weaver and Vina Ndwandwe, an award winning world-class grand master weaver. The late Reuben Ndwandwe works will be on display and all the above artists produce South African Zulu baskets.
- Zakhele Hlabisa is an inspirational natural-born artist from Ogengele Area in Mtubatuba and specialises mainly in drawings, paintings, potraits and prints.
- Chifundo Kadula who resides in the Dukuduku Area, is an exceptional fine artist specialising in canvass paintings.
- Widus Mtshali is a very creative wood carver whose work is rich in expression, individually designed and superbly handcrafted. He stays in the KwaSikhemelele area in KwaNgwanase.
- Mhlupheki Mlambo is a brilliant wood carver from the eNtshongwe area in KwaNgwanase.
uMkhanyakude Trade Show – Organisers
The show is the brainchild of events management company, Ndandali Events, led by the versatile and creative entrepreneur Siqiniseko Gumbi.